JDX Racing Opens 2017 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA Season at Sebring with Impressive Rookie Performances by Trenton Estep, Earning Two Podium Finishes
- JDX Racing rookie driver Trenton Estep impresses IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup USA Paddock in debut weekend
- JDX Racing driver Trenton Estep qualifies third and finishes on podium in Race #1
- JDX Racing driver Trenton Estep qualifies fourth and finishes second in Race #2 while fighting for the race lead
- 17-year-old San Antonio, TX native, Trenton Estep, impresses the field with his speed and ability during the weekend, never placing outside the top-10 in any session
- Trenton Estep finishes third in his first ever sports car race behind the wheel of the #3/JDX Racing/Hertz/Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car
- Running a clean second race, Estep gains two spots with strong pace and aggressive racecraft, making it a double podium weekend
“I have never been on such an emotional racing roller coaster than this past week. Having to learn to drive a new car, learn a new track and comparing myself against a field of drivers I haven’t raced against was exhausting. I was physically and mentally drained at the the end of every day.”
“Race one was incredibly nerve-racking, I was clenching my jaw so hard for most of the race, I could barely smile when I stood on the podium for the first time. In the second race, I was able to relax a bit and focus on the job I had to do. Thankfully for me, my competition made some costly mistakes that I was able to use to gain track position and it paid off with another podium finish.”
“This was an amazing weekend and I’m so thankful to my parents, Hertz and everyone at JDX Racing for all their work on support in helping me through my first sports car weekend. I’m incredibly excited for the season ahead.”
“Our entire team is at a loss for words…Trenton did such an impressive job in his debut weekend driving the JDX Racing/Hertz Porsche. To say he exceeded our expectations would be a huge understatement and we could not be happier with his performance and the results. It’s obvious there’s a very high level of talent in GT3 Cup this year – so that makes his performance even more remarkable, but we also know we have plenty of work to do and we’re just getting started. The 2017 season is clearly going to be very competitive and I’m very pleased with how we’ve come out of the gate.”
About JDX Racing: Founded in 2008 and based outside of Denver, CO, JDX Racing represents the very best in professional motorsports. Competing in the IMSA sports car series, JDX Racing campaigns two cars in eight events throughout North America. JDX Racing features world-class drivers, outstanding crew members and dynamic marketers from Champ Car, IndyCar, NASCAR, ALMS and the Champ Car Atlantic Championship series. For more information, please visit www.jdxracing.com. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jdxracing, on Twitter @JDXRACING and on Instagram at jdxracing.
Follow Hertz on Twitter with @Hertz #HertzRacing.
Source : imsa.com