Republished from kartsportnews
Coffs Harbour’s annual Australian Kart Masters is fast approaching!
Catering specifically for those competitors who are “more experienced in life” (ie, over 40 at the time the meeting commences), the event takes place on the June 7/8/9 long weekend.
Entry is already open, but closes May 31. With the meeting running under Karting NSW, the entry procedure for interstaters is a bit different to what they’re used to. As such, the club has published a guide to assist those competitors (see link below).
The event incorporates a whole bunch of classes at various weight divisions, plus six multi-kart Vintage Demonstrations across the weekend.
Formerly known as the Coffs Harbour Over 40s Titles, the Australian Kart Masters features more racing laps than its predecessor, a new Shoot Out Competition and also a Feature Class.
Each Class will compete in four heat races, pre-final and a final.
The presentation of awards will be held at the Presentation Dinner at the Sawtell RSL Club on the Sunday, June 9. Tickets can be purchased at the time of entry.
Australian Kart Masters Q&A
- Drop down nosecone fittings are optional
- Go-pros are optional
- Max kart weight will apply for classes with more then one weight division
- Trophies to 5th place (for classes of 12 or more),
- Vintage karts will be doing demonstration runs, so bring them along.
- Pit allocations will be in place so get your entries in to confirm pit spots
- Entry fee includes practice from Tuesday, entrants only practice from Wednesday
- Canteen will be open from Thursday
Each entrant will be provided with a 3m x 6m pit space per entry (there is insufficient space for more per entry). Drivers can apply for a specific pit allocation (see links below), otherwise this space will be automatically allocated for you, and once a space has been allocated, there will be no changes.
- Event Supp Regs and addendums are HERE
- Instructions for interstate (ie, non-NSW) drivers to enter can be found on the event page of the Coffs Harbour Kart Club, as can the pit allocation application – see HERE.
NOTE: Vehicles will not be allowed in the pit area. Once unloading is complete they must be removed to the parking area. Trade space available upon application to the club.